Empowering and Inspiring Youth for the Future
SAVE THE DATE: The next Queen's College Student Conference is scheduled for February 16 – 17, 2017
CALL FOR PRESENTERS:
You are invited to share your knowledge, skills, and experience as a presenter at the third Queen’s College Student Conference (QCSC) sponsored by the Queen’s College of Guyana Alumni Association (NY), Inc.
Thursday February 16, 2017:
- Two sessions of concurrent workshops, each with a panel consisting of local and diaspora speakers and 60 minutes in length.
- Workshop format - short presentations followed by unscripted group conversation with attendees
Friday February 17, 2017:
- Team project in the morning
- Career Fair
- Sports activities in the afternoon
150 Queen’s College students and 50 students from other secondary schools. We are seeking proposals for enrichment/life-management workshops that are in line with the theme. Proposals to lead sports activities are also welcomed.
Submit Your Proposal
Deadline: December 9, 2016.
CONTACT: Michelle Mickle Foster | firstname.lastname@example.org | 304-545-6673
Other Ways to Get Involved
If you’ve missed the deadline to submit your proposal, there are still many ways to get involved.
Examples of Past Topics
- Steps to Respect: Strategies to Stop Bullying
- Youth Volunteerism
- Coming to America – To Study: Higher Education
- The Mindset of an Entrepreneur
- Information is Power: Make Your Own
- Goal-Setting and Time Management n the Digital Age
- The Audacity to Pursue Your Passion: Lessons From a Recovering Chemical Engineer
- Step by Step to a Career in Petroleum and Geology
- From Product Conception to Marketing: Hands-on Business Development
- Developing Critical Thinking
- Effective Study Habits
- Let's Talk about Study Skills
- Creating & Nurturing Mathematicians and Mathematical Scientist
- It’s Time to Activate Your Dreams
- Law and Legal Advocacy
- You Are The Perfect Product
- A Career in Oil and Gas
- Music and Brain Development
- Get Into Rugby
- Cricket Lovely Cricket
- Engineer? Yes, You Too Can be an Entrepreneur
- Education and Development: The Power to Change the World
- Leadership and Initiative