Empowering and Inspiring Youth for the Future
SAVE THE DATE:
The next Queen's College Student Conference is scheduled for February 16 – 17, 2017
The QCAANY is thrilled to host its 2017 Queen's College Student Conference (QCSC) at Queen’s College in Guyana. Started in October 2014, this now highly anticipated event is an integral part of the QCAANY’s Youth Development Effort. Tapping the deep and rich talents of QC Alumni and friends in Guyana and New York, this event brings together seasoned, accomplished alumni with bright, highly motivated Guyanese youth for two days of student-centered workshops, mentoring and camaraderie.
Goals of QCSC
- - Increase in subject-area knowledge
- - Improved access to alumni mentoring and other resources
- - Exposure to supplemental information and soft-skills training
- - Focused preparation for post-secondary life
- - Development of teambuilding skills through group activities
- - Broad exposure to diverse industries and careers
- - Share life and career experience
- - Opportunity to give back to Guyanese youth and cultivate the next generation of leaders and innovators
Featured Project - Lictor Live
Lictor Live was the winning proposal from the October 2015 entrepreneurial activity. The team 's motivation and responsiveness continues to be inspiring. Since that time, the team has initiated a school club appropriately named Lictor Live, and their Facebook Page is already live with reports on events in the school.
The team's constitution for its club states the following: The Lictor Live Club aims to furnish students with the ethics, skills and proper techniques used to create, write and produce material for an online newsletter. This club also serves to inform the active student body, past students and teachers of school events, current topics and general school information.
QCSC By The Numbers:
- 400: Participants since October 2014
- 150: Individual and corporate donations and sponsorships that have made this possible
- 28: Workshops presented since inception
- 25: Volunteer presenters since inception
- 5: Schools (including QC) served since 2014
We would like to acknowledge or sponsors without whom this effort would not be possible.
A very special thanks to the Ms. Jackie Benn, the Headmistress of Queen's College, for warmly welcoming alumni and friends to her institution. Her leadership, thoughtfulness, and collaborative spirit are key to making this conference the success that it has become.
The faculty and administration of Queen's College are to be commended for teaming with us to make the students' experience a very positive one.
We are grateful to the Ministry of Education for consistently supporting our efforts to improve the educational experience of our students.
None of this would be possible without the support of QCAANY's members and friends. Thank you!